Physical Education, GCE A Level
- September 2021, Full Time
The most fantastic thing about A Level Physical Education is that it's studied though a range of different contexts and looks at the impact on both ours and other’s everyday lives. You will learn the reasons why we do things, why some people out perform others, mentally and physically. You will also delve into the ethical considerations behind the use of drugs and also the influence that modern technology is having in and on physical activity and sport.
Just a few of the topics we cover:
- Cardiovascular system during exercise of differing intensities and during recovery - how can we impact our fitness to enhance our performance?
- Diet and Nutrition - What impact can our diet have on our sporting performance?
- Ethics and deviance in sport - what is cheating and is there such a thing as 'bending' the rules?
- Stress and stress management in sport - we all get nervous, but how can it positively impact our performance?
- Modern technology in sport - its impact on participation, fair outcomes and entertainment - Is VAR going to ruin football?
Why Our College?
A wide range of subjects
We're proud to be the biggest provider of A Levels in Norfolk, offering 27 A Level courses
100% of our students progress to university, employment, apprenticeships, of gap years
Our students do consistently well on their A Level courses, with pass rates consistently in the high 90s
Part of a 3 A Level Programme.
Minimum of 2 6/B grades and 3 4/C grades at GCSE. You must also study English Language and/or Maths GCSE if you have not already achieved a minimum of grade 4/C in these subjects.
Examined element - 4 hours of exams totalling 70% of the final grade. A combination of single mark, short answer and extended response questions.
Non-examined part - 30% of the final grade - analysis of practical performance, as either a coach or a performer in an activity.
Physical Education supports a range of study options but has some good overlaps with subjects like Biology, Medical Science, Business and Psychology.
Sports Science, Sports Management, PE Teacher Training and Sports Therapy/Physiotherapy are just a few sports related university courses that our students choose to pursue. Equally, the skills gained and range of content allows PE to support other careers like sports coaching, gym management etc.
If you are a UK or home fee status student and aged 16-18 on the 31st August before the start of your course, tuition fees are free. If you are aged 19 and over please contact the Advice Shop.