Support and Advice
Explanations of any absence must be reported using either of the following options:
- By calling 01692 402334 or
- Logging on to the student College Homepage and completing a Learner Absence Form under Useful Links, or
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are absent for four weeks without producing a written explanation you will be regarded as having left the course. If you are on placement, you’ll also need to let the placement staff know that you’ll be absent.
By calling 01692 402334
Please ensure you phone the absence line before 9:00am. When you phone the absence line, please ensure you have your student ID number with you. You will be greeted with a recorded message asking you the following questions. To go to the next questions, you will need to press the star key.
- What’s your name and student number? (alternatively you can leave your name and date of birth)
- What course are you on and who is your tutor?
- Does anyone else need to be told that you’ll be away? If so, who?
- Please briefly give us the reason for your absence and tell us when you expect to return
If someone is calling the absence line on your behalf, please ensure they have all the information to be able to answer the recorded questions.
Logging on Student Blackboard and completing a Learner Absence Form
The Learner Absence Form under ‘Useful’ on the Blackboard front page
Sending an email to email@example.com
If you wish to report your absence by sending an email, you must ensure you include the same information as requested by calling the absence line.
Arriving late/leaving early
If you are having to leave College early due to sickness, please inform your tutor.
If you will be arriving late and wish to inform the College please call our Advice Shop Team on 01692 668095.
You should be aware that if you are at any time absent without good reason or explanation for any part of your course, then the college has an obligation to inform parents or guardians with whom you reside (for students under 18), appropriate local education authorities or examination boards. You are expected to maintain a maximum attendance during the whole of your course.
If you are absent because of any concerns or issues you would like to discuss further, please contact our Advice Shop Team on 01692 668095 who will be more than happy to call you back or meet with you and help you return to college.