Privacy and Cookies
We take your privacy extremely seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of visitors to our website. We will always keep your data safe and secure.
For the purposes of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the data controller – the organisation that’s responsible for your privacy – is City College Norwich.
Privacy notice for students
You have a legal right to be informed about how the College uses any personal information that we hold about you. To comply with this, we provide a ‘privacy notice’ to you where we are processing your personal data. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you.
Privacy notice for parents / carers
Under data protection law, individuals have a legal right to be informed about how the College uses any personal information that we hold about them. To comply with this, we provide a ‘privacy notice’ to individuals where we are processing their personal data.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about students.
Privacy notice for employers
This privacy notice covers personal data for employers who work with Paston College and City College Norwich. It explains how the College collects, uses and shares your personal data and informs you of your rights with regard to the personal data we hold.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways. The table below outlines what we do and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
How we use your name and contact details
To send your updates about your application by email, text and direct email, such as interview dates
To process your application effectively
To send you information by email about College events, news and activities
To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.
Showing you City College Norwich adverts as you browse the web
To show you courses and events that may be of interest to you
Your payment information
How we use your payment information
To take payments for courses and events
To allow you to book
Information about your phone or laptop and how you use our website
How we use information about your phone or laptop and how you use our website
To improve our website
To give you the best possible experience when using our website
Information from accounts you link to us
How we use information from accounts you link to us
To enable you to log into our website simply and easily
To make it easier for you to use our website
Except for applying for courses and the application process, you don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to use the site and you won’t receive the best experience. You are in control of your data and it’s your choice.
Sharing your information
We share your data with following organisations as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Lloyds Bank, our payment service provider
- Organisations approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
If you’ve opted-in, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text and direct mail to keep you up to date and share information that may be relevant to you.
How to stop receiving marketing messages
You can stop receiving messages at any time by:
- using the unsubscribe link in any email
- contacting our marketing team at email@example.com
Once you do this, we will update your preferences so that you don’t receive any further messages.
Seeing adverts from Paston College online
We use online advertising to keep you up to date on activities at our College and help you find courses and events that may be of interest to you.
Like many organisations, we target banners and adverts to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and adverts you see will be based on the information we hold on you, your previous use of services offered by our College (e.g. pages you visit our website) or on City College Norwich banner or ads you have previously clicked on.
Keeping your information
We hold your information for as long as you are a student at our College, or as long as it is needed for us to be able to provide our services to you.
You have lots of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Subject Access Requests
If you would like to request personal information relating to yourself or on behalf of a third party, you can make a subject access request by clicking the link below. For more information, read our subject access request guidance note.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as ‘add to shortlist’
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our visitors use the site, to improve both its functionality and your website experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or applying on our website, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the ‘help’ section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found here.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.